MTNA Big News!
MTNA Big News reports on special stuff that comes our way from MTNA, our parent organization …
MTNA Student Competitions
MTNA 2023 Local Association of the Year – Raleigh Piano Teachers Association
MTNA has three coveted recognitions that are available to all their state affiliates each year: Teacher of the Year, State Affiliate of the Year, and Local Association of the year. NCMTA has achieved a trifecta, winning all three.
- In 2020, NCMTA was recognized as MTNA’s State Affiliate of the Year.
- In 2022, NCMTA Past President Vicky Fischer Faw was recognized as MTNA’s Teacher of the Year.
- In 2023, the Raleigh Piano Teachers Association was recognized as MTNA’s Local Association of the Year!! They shared the honor with the Main Line Music Teachers Association of Pennsylvania. The nomination essay was written and submitted by NCTMA President Kent Lyman, with much help from Renee, who solicited testimonials and information from RPTA members and supported the whole process with great enthusiasm. Read the nomination essay here:
MTNA 2022 Teacher of the Year Award comes to North Carolina!
In case you haven’t heard, Dr. Vicky Fischer Faw, NCTM, has been named the Music Teachers National Association Teacher of the Year! Vicky was recognized at the NCMTA Virtual Conference in October as our North Carolina Teacher of the Year. From there, her name was put forward for consideration for national recognition by MTNA. From the nominations that came in from all 50 states, Vicky was selected to receive this honor. We are so proud of her!!
And there’s more..!
Vicky was recognized as North Carolina’s 2022 Foundation Fellow at the MTNA National Conference in March. Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the MTNA Foundation to support this honor!
MTNA 2022 Southern Division winners from North Carolina
January 2022. There was much to celebrate as 2022 unfolded! Both our students and our teachers are being recognized for their accomplishments!
Several of our Southern Division competitors will represent North Carolina as they advance to the MTNA National Competitions this March!
- Junior Composition: Raphael Mouawad, winner (Julie Harris, teacher)
- Junior Piano: Benjamin Luo, winner (Florence Ko, teacher)
- Senior Composition: Alexander Moiseev, winner (Julie Harris, teacher) We have just learned that Alexander has won third prize at the national level in the Senior Composition Competition!!*
- Senior Woodwind: Carter Doolittle, winner (Robert Young, teacher)
Congratulations to these fine young musicians and to their teachers!
MTNA 2020 – NCMTA named State Affiliate of the Year!
NCMTA Past President Vicky Fisher Faw (2017-19) proudly accepted the plaque announcing the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) State Affiliate of the Year Award. NCMTA earned this award for the year 2020, and it was a wonderful recognition of our organizational achievements. Especially given the uncertainty of the pandemic times, this recognition gave us the sense we were headed in a good direction.